I need to plot trapezoids as well as left- and right-shouldered straight
line plots. If I specify separate lists for the x values and their
corresponding y values, the plots are generated and displayed as needed.
However, I cannot specify the points as a list of tuples and have matplotlib
accept them.

   Example:
        x,y = [(15,0.0), (30,1.0), (70,1.0) (85,0.0)]
        p.plot (x,y)

Yields:
        Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "trapezoid.py", line 4, in ?
            x,y = [(15,0.0), (30,1.0), (70,1.0) (85,0.0)]
        TypeError: 'tuple' object is not callable

   I don't see how to do this in the User Guide, but I'm sure there must be a
way. Please pass me a pointer on how to accomplish this.

Rich