Vincent Schut wrote:
> Jeff Whitaker wrote:
>

>> There is an extra dependency on the GEOS (Geometry Engine) library
>> (http://geos.refractions.net).  The source code is included with basemap,
>> but requires a separate ./configure; make ;make install step before running
>> setup.py.  Using the GEOS library speeds up the creation of Basemap class
>> instances dramatically, especially for small map regions using high
>> resolution
>> boundaries.
>>

> Any chance on supporting geos-3.0-rc's? I'd prefer not to downgrade to
> 2.2.3...
>
> Cheers,
> Vincent.

Vincent:  Nope - sorry, but there are apparently still bugs in 3.0.0-rc4
that prevent basemap from working properly.  You'll have to install
2.2.3 in a separate place  - or just use the windows basemap installer
which has 2.2.3 linked in statically.

-Jeff

--
Jeffrey S. Whitaker         Phone : (303)497-6313
NOAA/OAR/CDC  R/PSD1        FAX   : (303)497-6449