hi,

I think the new 0.91.1 has some kind of file handle leak at least when
using python 2.4, tkagg, and within ipython. Using process explorer to
look at filehandles opened by python then I get about 25 new open
handles to vera.ttf per %run of the following script.

from pylab import *

figure(1)
clf()
title("jj")
figure(2)
clf()
title("jj")

However if I close("all") between %runs then all the open handles are
closed.

I tried the same thing with 0.90.1 and then I only get 2 handles for the
same script and no increase on subsequent calls with or without
close("all").

/Jörgen