Hi.  I installed matplotlib and get the following when I import pylab:

In [8]: import pylab
ImportError                               Traceback (most recent call last)

C:\Documents and Settings\luke\Desktop\<ipython console> in <module>()

C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\pylab.py in <module>()
----> 1 from matplotlib.pylab import *
      2 import matplotlib.pylab
      3 __doc__ = matplotlib.pylab.__doc__

C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\pylab.py in <module>()
    204 # replace the present numpy.ma implementation in a future
    205 # numpy release.
--> 206 from matplotlib.numerix import npyma as ma
    207
    208 from matplotlib import mpl  # pulls in most modules

C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\numerix\__init__.py in <module>()
     18
     19 import sys, os, struct
---> 20 from matplotlib import rcParams, verbose
     21
     22 which = None, None

ImportError: cannot import name rcParams

Any ideas?  I searched and found one hit, but no solution...