On Dec 10, 2007 11:53 AM, Venkat Ramanan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If anyone faces a similar issue, there is a solution here.
>
> http://scipy.org/Cookbook/Matplotlib/Interactive_Plotting
>
> Essentially, we should also check for "toolbar.mode"

You may also want to look at the widget lock variable, which the
toolbar manages and user code can acquire or view the lock, eg
examples/lasso_demo.py.  This is somewhat more robust than using the
toolbar mode string because it will allow other code, not part of the
toolbar, to share and use the lock.

    def callback(self, verts):
        ind = nonzero(points_inside_poly(self.xys, verts))[0]
        for i in range(self.Nxy):
            if i in ind:
                self.facecolors[i] = Datum.colorin
            else:
                self.facecolors[i] = Datum.colorout

        self.canvas.draw_idle()
        self.canvas.widgetlock.release(self.lasso)
        del self.lasso

    def onpress(self, event):
        if self.canvas.widgetlock.locked(): return
        if event.inaxes is None: return
        self.lasso = Lasso(event.inaxes, (event.xdata, event.ydata),
self.callback)
        # acquire a lock on the widget drawing
        self.canvas.widgetlock(self.lasso)