hi Mike,
no it is WxAgg, the code is here:
-----
import wx
import os
import matplotlib
matplotlib.use('WxAgg')
from matplotlib.backends.backend_wxagg import FigureCanvasWxAgg as FigCanvas
from matplotlib.figure import Figure
import matplotlib.numerix as numpy

class PlotFrame(wx.Frame):
    def __init__(self):
        wx.Frame.__init__(self, None, -1, "Test Printing with WX Backend")
        self.fig   = Figure(None, 100)
        self.canvas= FigCanvas(self, -1, self.fig)
        self.axes  = self.fig.add_axes([0.15,0.15,0.75,0.75])
        sizer = wx.BoxSizer(wx.VERTICAL)
        sizer.Add(self.canvas, 1, wx.LEFT|wx.TOP|wx.GROW)
        self.Fit()
        self.Plot_Data()

    def Print_Data(self):
        self.canvas.printerData.SetPaperId(wx.PAPER_A4)
        self.canvas.printerData.SetOrientation(wx.LANDSCAPE)
        dpi = self.canvas.figure.dpi.get()
        self.canvas.figure.dpi.set(200)
        self.canvas.Printer_Print()
        self.canvas.figure.dpi.set(dpi)
        self.canvas.draw()

    def Plot_Data(self):
        t = numpy.arange(0.0,5.0,0.01)
        s = numpy.sin(2.0*numpy.pi*t)
        c = numpy.cos(0.4*numpy.pi*t)
        self.axes.plot(t,s)
        self.axes.plot(t,c)

if __name__ == '__main__':
    app = wx.PySimpleApp()
    fig = PlotFrame()
    fig.Show(True)
    fig.Print_Data()
    app.MainLoop()

But you got a point with usetex : I set it to False and then no more
traceback, though the preview indicates that LANDSCAPE mode was not
applied.
So : WxAgg seems to have issues with usetex=True, and LANDSCAPE request
does not seem to be honored... I am using svn revision 4797.

best, and happy New Year!
Johann