On 22/01/2008, Søren Nielsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm looking for a way to do masking of an Image.. I need to be able to make
> a circle / box or a user made polygon on an image using the mouse and
> retrieve the pixellocations of all pixels inside the masked area.. (which
> will then be processed later)

I have very recently written some code that creates a binary mask (2-D
array) of an irregular polygon given the co-ordinates of the corners.
It successively uses equations of the line segments between pairs of
neighbouring points around the polygon edge and sets the pixels on the
inner side of those lines. I doubt it's the most efficient code, but
seem so to work, and I'm happy to send you a copy it if it might be
helpful.

> Has anyone tried this? What is the easiest way
> to start? I'm using wxpython for the GUI.

It's relatively easy to capture successive mouse clicks using mpl, and
use those co-ordinates for the polygon calculating code. An example of
capturing mouse co-ordinates is in the cookbook:
http://www.scipy.org/Cookbook/Matplotlib/Interactive_Plotting.

Best regards,

Angus.
--