On Jan 22, 2008 11:11 PM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I checked the instructions on :
> http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/interactive.html
> and have used the config file there with minor changes for TkAgg and
> interactive mode.  However this also did not work.  Note : again under
> cygwin I placed the file in ~/.matplotlib/matplotlibrc rather than the
> suggested windows location and this seemed to work.
>
> While interactive mode is useful it is not mandatory for what I am doing
> and perhaps the easiest thing to do is set matplotlib to dump all output
> to files...

I have never used mpl under cygwin in windows, but it might help to
make sure your parameters and config files are as you expect.  For
example, in interactive mode, you should not need to call show to get
the figure to appear.  Please report the output of a test script in
the same environment with the --verbose-helpful flag

> python test.py --verbose-helpful

where test.py is something like:

  from pylab import plot, show
  plot([1,2,3])
  show()

this should echo your backedn and interactive settings, as well as the
matplotlibrc file location.

JDH