Tim Michelsen wrote:
>> Timmie: It's possible that the windows installer is missing the httplib2
>> module - I don't have access to windows right now to check.  Could you
>> try installing httplib2 and let me know if that fixes it?
>>
> Installing httplib2 solved the issue.
>
> Has this dependancy on httplib2 been introduced in the last update?

Timmie:  No, it has been there for a few releases, but for some reason
did not get included in the windows installer this time.
> What are the merits of this dependency?
> Could it be made option?

If you install from source, it only installs httplib2 if you don't have
it already.
> Like that I would only need to have httplib2 if I use functions that load maps
> from the web?

I could do this, but it's only a single python file, so what's the big deal?
> Kind regards and thanks for your efforts in developing basemap!
>
> Timmie

You're welcome.

-Jeff

--
Jeffrey S. Whitaker         Phone : (303)497-6313
NOAA/OAR/CDC  R/PSD1        FAX   : (303)497-6449