José,

I would take a look at the Scipy Superpack (http://trichech.us/).
Alternatively, you can download and install the MacPython 2.5 for OS X
10.4 (http://www.pythonmac.org/packages/py25-fat/index.html). This
installs a separate Python framework (leaving the system python
framework unchanged). The installer will modify your path to point to
the new python2.5. You can then install
setuptools/ipython/numpy/scipy/matplotlib from source or via
EasyInstall. If you go this route, you'll probably also want the
wxPython installer from http://www.wxpython.org/download.php#binaries.
Feel free to contact me directly if you have any other questions.

Barry