hi Mike,

I was able to get it to work using:

    reload(matplotlib)
    matplotlib.use('Agg')

I'll have to beat on it some more to see if this is robust.

I saw the error message in this code:

http://search.cpan.org/src/NI-S/Tk-804.027/pTk/mTk/win/tkWinDraw.c

    if(!bitmap) {
        panic("Fail to allocate bitmap\n");
        DeleteDC(dcMem);
        TkWinReleaseDrawableDC(d, dc, &state);
        return;
    }

thanks

--
Chris Kennedy                  http://www.coventor.com
Sr. Product Manager            Ph: 919-854-7500 x156