On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Michael Hearne apparently wrote:
> I gave this a shot, and eps2eps seems not to have any effect on the
> bounding box.  I've done some experiments where I reduce the bounding
> box by hand, which works really well - the only problem is I need a
> way to determine where the edge of my plot really is.

Hmmm.  That is just what eps2eps should do.
Perhaps there is something drawn outside what
you believe your picture is?

Here are  more possibilities:
http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/cgi-bin/fom?_recurse=1&file=103#file_105

Some Python code to exploit this GS ability is here:
http://citadel.tistory.com/130

Cheers,
Alan Isaac