On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 8:34 PM, John R. Dowdle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Is is possible to customize the labels for the ticks of the colorbar?  If so,
>  could someone please explain how this may be accomplished?

The colorbar method returns a matplotlib.colorbar.Colorbar instance,
which contains a matplotlib.axes.Axes instance named "ax" (this is the
axes of the colorbar).  I'm freestyling here, so there could be a
typo, but here is the idea:

cb = fig.colorbar(something)
for ticklabel in cb.ax.get_yticklabels():
   ticklabel.set_color('red')  # the ticklabels are
matplotlib.text.Text instances

See http://matplotlib.sf.net/matplotlib.text.html and
http://matplotlib.sf.net/matplotlib.axes.html for details on the Text
and Axes methods that are available to you.  You can set all kinds of
attributes on the Text instance (font style, fontsize, font weight,
color, etc...)

JDH