Hi All,

I hope this isn't considered off topic here, but this has been bugging
me for a while and I reckon you guys may be able to help. To boot, I'd
like to use matplotlib to make it happen, so I figure this list is fair
game ;-)

So, I have a series of measurements at points in time, eg:

2007/09/01 - 5000
2008/01/01 - 8000
2008/02/01 - 9000

...and I'm looking to create some type of visualisation that indicates
usage over time.

The import point is that the gaps between point measurements are not
constant, so a straight bar chart won't be right.

The points also won't necessarilly be as convenient as those above, but
hopefully they'll work as an example: What I'd expect to see would
indicate that the monthly usage between September 1st and January 1st
was, on average, the same as that between January 1st and February 1st.

I'm having trouble expressing myself clearly, but hopefully I'm making
some kind of sense.

Any ideas very greatfully recieved!

cheers,

Chris