On Sat, 01 Mar 2008, Francesco Biscani apparently wrote:
> I'm currently working mostly in C++ and exploring
> integration with Python through Boost.Python+IPython+MPL.
> I enjoy working in Python, but I'm afraid of making a more
> consistent switch mainly for fear of losing the static
> type checking that C++ gives me. I have the horrifying
> feeling that if I were to write much code in Python
> I could break it in so many ways just because of this, and
> I'd have the constant perception of not having my back
> covered by the compiler, at least for this kind of errors.

I suspect there is no answer to this fear except trying it.

If you want to hear your fear ridiculed, you can post this
query on comp.lang.python.  If you want to hear your fear
lauded for its sensibility, post it to comp.lang.c++.

That said, note that Python supports properties (getters and
setters) that can do runtime checking.

Also Python 3 supports function annotations, which someone
will certainly exploit to provide type checking.
I guess you might find PEP 3119 (ABCs) relevant as well.

Cheers,
Alan Isaac