Hi Brook,

Brook Lin wrote:
>     raise RuntimeError("'%s' is not a writable dir; you must set
> %s/.matplotlib to be a writable dir.  You can also set environment variable
> MPLCONFIGDIR to any writable directory where you want matplotlib data stored
> "%h)

This is the crucial bit.

Looks like you've set MPLCONFIGDIR to a read-only dir, or the
.matplotlib in the current dir or .matplotlib in your home directory
aren't writeable by the user running your python script. (I'm doing a
bit of guesswork here...)

What is it that you're trying to do?

cheers,

Chris