Eric Firing wrote:
> John Hunter wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 6:45 AM, Antonio Gonzalez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>>  I've just updated to the latest svn (5063) and now I cannot create a
>>>  simple plot. If I just try (in ipython -pylab):
>>>
>>>  plot(rand(10))
>>>
>>>  I get:
>>>
>>>  <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'module' object has no attribute
>>>  'masked_invalid'
>> matplotlib svn requires numpy svn.  Try upgrading your numpy and I
>> think this bug will go away.
>
> I put in a temporary workaround, but what we need is a numpy version
> check when mpl is imported.  I can put something in based on parsing
> numpy.__version__; is there a better or more standard way to do this?
>
> Eric

Thanks for the replies. I'm now using numpy svn and all works well.
May I suggest, then -- maybe a warning should indeed arise at build
time? Currently, mpl svn recognises non-svn numpy as an acceptable
'required dependency' during the building process (as reported at the
beginning of the 'python setup.py build' output).

Antonio