On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 5:09 PM, Robin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Is there anything like the matlab bar function implemented which
>  automatically plots groups of bars? Ie bar(x,y) where x.shape = (m,)
>  and y.shape =(m,n) or similar...
>  In Matlab this would draw M groups of N vertical bars, colored appropriately.
>
>  I can't get bar to do this and didn't find anything in the
>  documentation - unfortunately I wasn't able to search the mailing list
>  since sourceforge was playing up.
>
>  Thanks,
>
>  Robin

Hi,

I'm still curious to know if theres any convenience functions to do
this type of bar plotting. Also I've come to rely on the 'stacked'
option of MATLAB's bar command  - is it possible to get that effect in
matplotlib?

Here is an example of what I'd like to be able to do:
http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/bar2.gif

Thanks,

Robin