It's worth noting -- these viewer differences do pop up from time to
time.  Since I don't have Foxit (or Windows) installed, I wonder if you
could run an experiment.  If you generate the PDF with mpl's Cairo
backend, do you see the same behavior?  If not, we can analyse the
differences in the PDFs and possibly come up with a solution that will work.

Cheers,
Mike

Christopher Brown wrote:
> Christopher Brown wrote:
>
>> With mpl 0.91.2, the markeredgewidth property does not seem to have an
>> effect when using the pdf backend (seems to always be 1, regardless of
>> what I set it to, and it seems to be fine with other backends). Here is
>> a minimal example:
>>

> Interestingly, the error only shows up in the pdf viewer foxit (what I
> happened to be using at the time). Other viewers display the markers
> properly. Although it is still unclear to me whether it is an
> mpl/pdf-backend error or a foxit rendering error.
>
> Sorry to trouble you all.

Michael Droettboom
Science Software Branch
Operations and Engineering Division