Hi,
I'd like to use Python to plot data in real-time.  I've created a GUI using
wxPython and have embedded a Matplotlib graph into a pane.  My problem is
that I don't know the best way to update the graph.  What's the recommended
method for this?  The data comes from a peripheral device connected to the
PC, so I also need a way of regularly polling the hardware.  I've managed
this using a separate thread, but this doesn't work for updating the graph
(Xlib complained).

I'm sure this must be something that people have done many times before, but
I've been unable to find a simple explanation on how to achieve it!  Any
help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob