On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 10:41 AM, KURT PETERS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\backends\backend_gtk.py",
> line 6, in <module>
>    import gobject
> ImportError: No module named gobject

This is a problem with our installer since the default backend we have
set is GTKAgg (we usually set it to GTKAgg).  Fortunately, it is
relatively easy for you to fix:.  Edit
site-packages/matplotlib/mpl-data/matplotlib and change the 'backend :
GTKAgg' line to

  backend : TkAgg

Charlie -- we will need to roll out a new binary builds which fix this
ASAP because this will bite all the win32 users who don't have a
custom rc, which is most of them I suspect. We'll also need to check
the settings in the 91.3 release.  My apologies for not testing this
as you requested (I did test on linux though).  You probably will also
want to check the default backend for the OS X eggs too.....

JDH