----Original Message Follows----
From: Jeff Whitaker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: KURT PETERS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Matplotlib-users] Update to Matplotlib and Numpy
producing       error
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 11:51:43 -0600

KURT PETERS wrote:
>I am using 0.99.
Kurt:  Not really. You tried to install it but the install failed.
>  I ended up copying the toolkits directory from my "old" installation of
>matplotlib to the new matplotlib directory and at least things seem to be
>working (although the HD seems to churn a lot more).

Hmm.  I wouldn't expect this to work - there were changes in the matplotlib
API in version 0.98.0 that should break the old version of basemap.
>   Let me test this a little more and I'll let you know how that is working
>for me (Windows could have started some other process in the background).
>Kurt

OK.

-Jeff

Jeffrey S. Whitaker         Phone  : (303)497-6313
Meteorologist               FAX    : (303)497-6449
NOAA/OAR/PSD  R/PSD1        Email  : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
325 Broadway                Office : Skaggs Research Cntr 1D-113
Boulder, CO, USA 80303-3328 Web    : http://tinyurl.com/5telg