I tried to follow the directions per
% python setup.py build
% python setup.py install
but within the build step I get the message
"library not found for -lpng"
It exits with an error code, and then install does not work either (no surprise).

I also tried easy_install. It says that I have numpy 1.0.1 but need numpy 1.1, which I have and which works. So I downloaded numpy 1.1 again and successfully installed it (again), but easy_install gives me the same message.

I have wxpython installed, and it works, but don't know if that's related to my problems.

I'm also a newbie to the mac, and am having trouble deciphering some of the posts with similar issues.

Thanks for whatever help you can provide.

Dan