My e-mail has been kind of sporadic this morning... but we seem to be in
agreement.

Just realised get_verts could actually be slightly better --

If we use Path.to_polygons() then any curves in the patch will get
converted to line segments.  Then even patches like Ellipse and Arc will
work and do the expected thing.  I've committed this (along with a small
bugfix to to_polygons).

Cheers,
Mike

--