Michael Droettboom skrev:
> I'm not sure these two issues are related.

I don't think so either but I thought I should mention it anyway.

> Before I look deeper, have you updated from SVN today?  I fixed a bug
> earlier today related to using the STIX fonts (which appears to be where
> this is crashing) on narrow Unicode Python interpreters (which I believe
> Win32 Python is).
>
> Occasionally I get these ob_refcnt assertions when distutils didn't
> decide to rebuild enough things.  Try doing a clean rebuild (if you
> haven't already).
>
> Cheers,
> Mike

I did a svn up and a clean rebuild but still the same error. The error
reminded me of the problems a while back when references to the
fontfiles were not released. So I have tried to look at the filehandles
using procexp but I cannot say if this is the problem, but I don't see
any explosion in open file handles. But the crash is so sudden I may not
be able to see this.

Any thing else I can check at my end?

/Jörgen