rex wrote:
> Andrew Straw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-06-05 09:42]:
>
>> For i386:
>>
>> http://debs.astraw.com/hardy/python-matplotlib_0.98.0-0ads2_i386.deb
>>
>> For amd64:
>>
>> http://debs.astraw.com/hardy/python-matplotlib_0.98.0-0ads2_amd64.deb
>>
>> For all arch:
>>
>> http://debs.astraw.com/hardy/python-matplotlib-data_0.98.0-0ads2_all.deb
>> http://debs.astraw.com/hardy/python-matplotlib-doc_0.98.0-0ads2_all.deb
>>

> I tried to install on Debian Lenny with Python 2.5 and it fails with:
>
> python-matplotlib depends on python-wxgtk2.8
>
> wxgtk2.8 doesn't seem to be available for Python 2.5 and Lenny at:
>
> http://apt.wxwidgets.org/dists/
>
> Any ideas, short of building from source?

That's probably your best bet at this point -- my repo is for Ubuntu
Hardy. It looks like you can get the Debian experimental package of
wxwidgets 2.8 at
http://packages.debian.org/hu/source/experimental/wxwidgets2.8 . I have
no idea why this isn't in unstable or testing yet -- a few minutes of
googling didn't find anything.

-Andrew