On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 11:41 PM, Gideon Simpson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I was trying to look up a module, and, after installing matplotlib
> 0.98.1, I get:

>   File "/opt/lib/python2.5/site-packages/matplotlib/config/
> tconfig.py", line 391, in __init__
>     raise TConfigInvalidKeyError(m)
> matplotlib.config.tconfig.TConfigInvalidKeyError: In config defined in
> file: '/opt/lib/python2.5/site-packages/matplotlib/mpl-data/
> matplotlib.conf'
> Error processing section: figure
> These keys are invalid : ['autolayout']
> Valid key names        : ['edgecolor', 'facecolor', 'dpi', 'figsize']

This looks like you have the experimental "traited config" turned on,
and Michael may have not cleaned autolayout from the tconfig defaults
when he removed it.  Did you build from source or get your package
from elsewhere.  If building from source, edit setup.cfg next to
setup.py and make sure that the traited config is off

  ## Experimental config package support, this should only be enabled by
  ## matplotlib developers, for matplotlib development
  enthought.traits = False
  configobj = False

If you got it from elsewhere, let the packager know this should be
turned off.  And Darren, can you make sure that tconfig is updated
vis-a-vis the autolayout param removal.

JDH