On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Michael Hearne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It's been a couple of weeks, but I was finally able to chase down what I
> think is causing the problem.  I wasn't able to create a standalone script
> that replicates the problem, as my application is very dependent on large
> data sets, but I was able to create two versions of the postscript with
> _almost_ identical input.
> FYI, I know that single quotes in text strings do not _always_ cause an
> error - this is easy to test with basic matplotlib text() calls.  All I can
> say is that _sometimes_ it causes problems.

Michael fixed a single quote bug in svn a while back.  What version of
mpl are you using? The latest source release at
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=80706 includes
this fix (as does svn).

r5134 | mdboom | 2008-05-09 08:39:25 -0400 (Fri, 09 May 2008) | 2 lines

Fix /singlequote (') in Ps backend.