What version of matplotlib are you using?

Can you provide a standalone example that doesn't rely on basemap?  If
not, can you provide the .eps file so we can have a look?

Colored lines on contour plots in EPS works fine here (contour_demo.py)
(with matplotlib 0.98.2 on a Linux box).

Cheers,
Mike

Michael Hearne wrote:
> I noticed a problem with colors in rendered encapsulated postscript
> files, and fortunately I was able to replicate with a modified version
> of one of Jeff Whitaker's example scripts, which I have attached.  The
> EPS version of the plot has black contour lines where they are colored
> in the PNG file, at least on a Mac OSX machine.
>
> Is there a work-around for this?  I haven't tested to see if it is
> limited to contour plots, or to Mac installations...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Michael Droettboom
Science Software Branch