Hello all,

I believe it is an easy thing to do but I haven't figured out how to convert
between coordinate systems using transData or transAxes.

x = numpy.arange(0.0, 1.0+0.01, 0.01)
y = numpy.cos(2*2*numpy.pi*x)
pylab.plot(x, y)

I want to transform y1 to axis scale between 0 and 1.
Also, I want to transform a value in axis scale, say 0.25, to a
corresponding y value in the data coordinates.

I used

ax = gca()
(x_screen, y_screen) = ax.transData.transform([x[10], y[10])
(x10, y10) = ax.transAxes.inverted().transform([x_screen, y_screen])

Is it the proper way of doing it?  Where can I find more info on
transformations in general?

Currently I am doing it manually scaling things with axis limits, etc.  I
believe the neat thing is to use the transforms.  Can somebody explain me
how it is done with transforms?  I am using v0.98.1.

Thanks in advance,

Nihat