Bharathkrishna wrote:
> By default the colorbar has 0 for black and 1 for white. I was wondering
> if it is possible to reverse this for it show 0 for white and move
> upwords to show 1 for black.
> regards,
> kbk

It sounds like what you are asking for is a reversed colormap, and all
the standard colormaps included with mpl have reversed forms.  The pylab
interface does not provide functions for the reversed forms, but it does
allow one to specify any of the reversed forms.  To use a reversed gray
colormap, for example, one might do something like this:

import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
import numpy as np

img = plt.imshow(np.random.rand(10, 12))
img.set_cmap(plt.cm.gray_r)
plt.colorbar()
plt.show()

Eric