On Fri, 1 Aug 2008, eliben apparently wrote:
> if you link my module into your code, you won't have to
> release your code,

I read Jonathan's point as being: there is no such
"linking" possibility with such demo scripts.
This indeed is why I questioned the relevance of
the LGPL for such things, earlier on, even though
the LGPL is in principle (and often in practice)
a much more user friendly license than the GPL.

Again, not all code needs the same license,
and simple scripts seem (to me) to beg to
be placed in the public domain.

But of course the key rule is always:
s/he who holds the copyright picks the license.

Cheers,
Alan Isaac