> On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 5:02 PM, Richard Lawrence <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> My setup is:
>> Mac Pro PPC G5, OS X 10.5.4
>> Python 2.5.1 (Apple build)
>> Numpy 1.2.0.dev5615 -- ran svn update and rebuilt this morning

>> REQUIRED DEPENDENCIES
>> ~                        * numpy 1.1 or later is required; you have
>> ~                        * 1.0.5.dev4673

Apple distributed a version of numpy with the system python, and set up
sys.path so that their stuff would be found before site-packages, so you
may be getting Apple's version of numpy rather than the one you built
and installed. (I'm not running 10.5, so I can't supply details)

There are ways to work around this -- a little googling should help you
figure it out, but I recommend that you avoid the whole problem (and
others) by installing python.org's build of 2.5.2, and go from there --
the binaries on the numpy site are built for that version.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

[EMAIL PROTECTED]