I am having some trouble getting the ticks and labels on my plot to
match what I want and I was hoping that someone here would be able to
help.  Here are what I want (on the yaxis):

logarithmic ticks with major ticks every order of magnitude but labels
ONLY every other magnitude.  Additionally, I would like the labels to
be only the exponent (2 instead of 1e2 or 10^2).  For the minor ticks,
I want a tick at all 9 values between the major ticks.

Here is what I have so far.  For the minor ticks, I have
subsy=[1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9] as an argument for semilogy which seems to
work fine.  To have labels every other magnitude I used
ticker.LogLocator(base=100.0), which gives me the labels where I want
them.

The two things I have been unable to figure out are how to add a major
tick at all of the other magnitudes (those without a label) and how to
change the format of the labels so that only the exponent is showing.
I'm sure both of these are straightforward, but I have been unable to
figure them out.  Thanks for your help.

-Jeffrey