On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 4:31 PM, Jeff Whitaker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jeremy Conlin wrote:
>
>> First question:
>> I know I can do pylab.loglog() to get a log-log plot.  I would like to
>> create a log-linear plot.  How can I do this?
>>

> semilogx or semilogy:
>

>  semilogy <
> http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/matplotlib.pyplot.html#-semilogy>(*args,
> **kwargs)
>
> Make a plot with log scaling on the *y* axis.
>

>> Second question:
>> I would like to plot two sequences on the same figure with two different
>> y-scales, one scale shown on the left and one scale shown on the right.  How
>> can I do this?
>>

> twiny:
>

>     ax = twiny
>   <http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/matplotlib.axes.html#Axes-twiny>()
>       create a twin of Axes
>   <http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/matplotlib.axes.html#Axes> for
> generating a plot with a shared
>   y-axis but independent x axis.  The x-axis of self will have
>   ticks on bottom and the returned axes will have ticks on the
>   top
>
> -Jeff

Thanks for that information, that is what I needed.  But now I come up with
a separate problem.  I have the following in my code:

        pylab.plot(n, S, 'b.', label='x')
        pylab.legend()
        ax2 = pylab.twinx()
        pylab.plot(n, mean, 'r',label="mean")
        ax2.yaxis.tick_right()
        pylab.legend()

Both plots are shown with the appropriate axes, but only the second plot is
listed in the legend.  If I only have the first, then only the first plot
will be listed.  Please help.

Jeremy