I'm trying to figure out how to do animated graphics in pylab using
imshow, so I made this little 'hello world' equivalent showing a
moving square over two frames.
Problem is I have to call draw twice to refresh the image. Anyone can
explain why this is so (and how to do this more elegantly)? This is
the code:

from pylab import *
from numpy import *

ion()
hold(False)

frame1 = zeros((200, 200))
frame1[20:40, 20:40] = 255

frame2 = zeros((200, 200))
frame2[20:40, 30:50] = 255

m = imshow(frame1)
draw()               # shows frame1
m.set_data(frame2)
draw()               # still shows frame1!!!
draw()               # and now it shows frame2!??

--
Alex Borghgraef