The new webpage looks great, sphinx has really meant a lot for the
documentation in the scientific projects.

> Because some of these extensions are generally useful, Michael,
> Fernando and I have been working on a "sphinx_template" which contains
> the template of a sphinx documentation project with these extensions
> in place, so people who want to get started using sphinx (the official
> documentation system for python, numpy, ipython and matplotlib) can do
> so more easily.  Right now it is available in svn
>
>   > svn co
> https://matplotlib.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/matplotlib/trunk/py4science/examples/sphinx_template2
>
> and see the README in the checkout directory.  Michael also did a talk
> on matplotlib's use of sphinx and the sphinx template at the last
> scipy conference.  We're still waiting for the videos of the talks to
> be posted (can someone poke someone?)  but you can see the talk PDF
> from the proceedings here:

But I have some problems using the template from windows (python2.5).
 From a fresh checkout of the sphinx_template2 from svn and running
the following in that folder:

C:\python\mpl_template>sphinx-build -b html -d build/doctrees .
build/html
Sphinx v0.5, building html
building [html]: targets for 10 source files that are out of date
updating environment: 10 added, 0 changed, 0 removed
reading sources... index model/api_docs model/index model/introduction
model/nex
t_steps model/sphinx_helpers     building
C:\python\mpl_template\pyplots\elegant
.py
ERROR: File `C:pythonmpl_templatepyplotselegant.py` not found.
simulations/finale     already have
C:\python\mpl_template\pyplots\elegant.py
simulations/index simulations/introduction simulations/preliminary
building
C:\python\mpl_template\pyplots\hairy.py
ERROR: File `C:pythonmpl_templatepyplotshairy.py` not found.

pickling environment... done
checking consistency... done
preparing documents... done
writing output... index model/api_docs model/index model/introduction
model/next
_steps model/sphinx_helpers simulations/finale simulations/index
simulations/int
roduction simulations/preliminary
WARNING: C:\python\mpl_template\model\sphinx_helpers.rst:177:
(WARNING/2) 'dot'
called with invalid arguments
writing additional files... genindex modindex search
copying images... _static\elegant.pdf _static\hairy.pdf
_static\elegant.png _sta
tic\hairy.png
copying static files... done
dumping search index... done
dumping object inventory... done
build succeeded, 1 warning.

There are two errors with very strange filenames, it looks like the path
separator has disappeared.

Any both the graphs elegant and hairy are generated but they are
empty, both the png and pdf. Any ideas?

/Jörgen