On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 3:13 PM, Joshua J. Kugler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [Trying one more time.]
>
> I've read docs, search the list archive, and tried to step through code.

The docs you are looking for are
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/users/artists.html.

> How can I set things like xtick.labelsize and ytick.labelsize via the
> object oriented interface?  I have a graph object,  and I can't find
> anywhere in the data structure for the completed graph where the tick
> label sizes are stored, nor can I find functions to set them.

Here is one way to do it::

    for label in ax.get_xticklabels() + ax.get_yticklabels():
       label.set_fontsize(12)

But the artist tutorial above will give you a more in-depth
explanation of the various containers and methods.

JDH