<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I am leaning toward this being a true bug.  If you take a look at
> > attached plot (the code for which is where I first noticed this
> > bug), you'll notice that the dates on the top graph (the one with
> > two axis) look a little "bold" while the dates on the bottom graph
> > look "normal." The top set of dates are the one where I have to let
> > font size (8) on two different sets of tick labels.
>
> w/o seeing the code that generated the figure it is hard to know, but
> the "bold look" probably arises from rendering the same tick labels
> twice in the same location, eg if you have a twinx, as it appears you
> do, but haven't made the ticks invisible (as per my earlier
> suggestion) on one of the axes.  Perhaps we should make the ticks on
> the "twin" axes invisible by default.

Yup, that was it.  Woohoo! Thanks!

> Also, when posting continuations related to a theme, eg your previous
> post on twin axes formatters, please try to keep them in the same
> thread by "replying" to yourself in the earlier thread.  This makes
> it easier for people following the thread to see everything in one
> place, particularly those using threaded mail readers, as well as the
> future generations of googlers who will pick this conversation up on
> mail archive websites like nabble.

Weird, in my mailer (K-Mail) I replied to my message, and it threaded it
properly when it came back.  Maybe adding modifying the subject messed
up some mailers?  I think K-Kmail threads based on the references in
the headers, e.g.:

        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

And other mailers thread on subject, which might mess them up?  At any
rate, sorry for glitching some people's mailers!

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE