Elfnor wrote:
> I'm giving an introductory talk on matplotlib to colleagues next week. I'd
> like to run matplotlib in interactive mode from the PythonWin IDE. Is this
> possible?

probably not reliably -- pythonWin IDE runs things inside the same
interpreter as the IDE itself, and therefore has problems running GUI
code with any GUI that MPL supports.

IPython has smarts to start up MPL in another thread to avoid the issues.

Has pythonWin IDE seen any maintenance in the last five years? It may be
time for them to move on!

On the other hand, you can still edit code with the IDE, and start it
from a command line.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

[EMAIL PROTECTED]