Mauro Cavalcanti wrote:
> Dear Jeff & ALL,
>
> This is just a simple question on plotting points on Basemap (maybe it
> will have to be pursued further). I presume points could be plotted
> onto maps, no matter what projection is used -- so, I have been
> plotting quite well on maps using an Equirectangular projetion and one
> of your "classical" examples shows the plot of points on maps using an
> ortographic projection. However, my points are not displayed when I,
> change the map projection, say, from Equirectangular to South Polar
> Stereographic, even if most of the points are well within range in the
> new projection. Any hints?
>
> Best regards,

Mauro:  If your points are defined in terms of longitude and latitude,
you have to convert to map projection coordinates using the __call__
method of the Basemap instance, i.e.

x, y = m(lon, lat)  # lon,lat can be arrays, lists or scalars. m is a
Basemap instance.

You then pass x,y to the plot command (be it 'plot', 'scatter',
'contour' or whatever).

-Jeff

--
Jeffrey S. Whitaker         Phone : (303)497-6313
NOAA/OAR/CDC  R/PSD1        FAX   : (303)497-6449