On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Ryan Wagner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Just upgraded to 98.4. Can reproduce this on two XP32 boxes. Any
> thoughts?

This is a bug in the win32 installer, which has gtkagg set as the default
backend.  You can fix this by setting TkAgg in the backend, which is what we
*should* have done in the installer.  You need to change the line

  backend : GTKAgg

  backend : TkAgg

in your matplotlibrc config file.  Instructions for editing the rc file can
be found at http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/users/customizing.html.  You
can also read about "what is a backend?" here -
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/faq/installing_faq.html#id1

We will be putting out new installers that fix this problem ASAP, so those
of you who on windows who have not yet installed 98.4 may prefer to wait
until we announce the fixed installers are up.  This problem does not affect
the src tarball or the os x installers.

Sorry for the trouble!
JDH