Ahh, because I have labels and other text already drawn on the image.
Squishing it alters the shape of the letters.  And I have potentially many
of these coming out of WMS requests where I know the image size and corner
coords, but I can't alter the basic nature of the image.  What I'd like to
do is use these images as figures in a report, so I need to be able to add
Axes with labeling, and also Figure titles and text.

Thanks,

Roger