Hi,

I apologize if this was asked before.

I am trying to implement of a zoom lock over multiple subplots. I.e. I have
four subplots where the xaxis stretches from some value xmin to some xmax.
The range is the same for all four plots. Now if the user zooms into a
different range in one of the four plots, I want to update the ranges of the
other plots.

Something like:
def onzoom():
 xmin, xmax = ZOOMED_PLOT.xlims()
 for SUBPLOTS_1-4:
   xlims(xmin, xmax)

Now, I know how to update the xrange of an existing plot. But I do not know
how to read the modified xrange after an interactive (e.g. rectangle) zoom.
It seems to me that xlims() does not return the updated limits?

Also, while I was able to work around this: Is there A way to directly react
to a zoom event. Currently I caputre the mouse-button-released event, then
try to check all ranges to figure out which one changed (which I actually
don't know how to do due to my above mentioned problem) and update all
ranges.

Regards,

Maximilian