Dear Jeff & ALL,

A user just reported to me that he has found a problem when tryng to
create a map using the "high" resolution option under MS-Windows. He
is running Basemap version 0.99.1 with Python 2.5 (from the Enthought
Python Distribution) and got the following error:

"IOError: Unable to open boundary dataset file. Only the 'crude',
'low', 'intermediate' and 'high' resolution datasets are installed by
default. If you are requesting a 'full' resolution dataset, you may
need to download and install those files separately."

It seems that the error appears when he attempts to use both the
'high' and 'full' resolutions (all the others work OK).

I could not find any hint on this in the Basemap README file, and do
not have a Windows box to be able to test it here.

Would an upgrade to the latest Basemap version solve this issue?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

With best regards,

--
Dr. Mauro J. Cavalcanti
Ecoinformatics Studio