Unless I'm mistaken the following should give you the results you're
looking for:

    cmap = mpl.cm.jet  ##I set colomap to 'jet'
    norm = mpl.colors.Normalize(vmin=5, vmax=15)

    exampleInt = 7
    exampleColor = cmap( norm(7) )

    poly = Polygon(seq,facecolor=exampleColor)
    ax.add_path(poly)

Cheers,

    -Jonathan Helmus