On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 12:50 PM, helstreak <helstr...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> i would only like to plot a certain number of rows...say 50 - 100...how do i
> do that?
>
> Thanks everyone for your help :)

plotfile does not support row limits, but you could simply load the
data and then plot it, slicing it however you'd like.

  import numpy as np
  import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
  x = np.loadtxt('myfile.dat')
  plt.plot(x[50:100])

Does gnuplot support row ranges in plotfile? I could easily add
them....  I am not a plotfile user so I don't know what people find
useful there, but limiting the row ranges makes some sense.  If I make
the changes, I'd like to make them maximally gnuplot compatible since
this was te inspiration for plotfile.

JDH