On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 6:53 AM, Ken Schutte <kts.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to add some more complex LaTeX-rendered equations into a a
> figure, and having some problems.   I've been trying various things
> with 'usetex', but it seems the problem might be that I can't seem to
> write the LaTex code on a single line.
>
> For example, can you not do:
> ax.text(0,0,r"""
> """)
>
> ?
>
> One example that I'm trying is the following, using 'cases'.  I'll
> paste a complete .tex file:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \pagestyle{empty}
> \usepackage{amsmath}
> \begin{document}
>
> \begin{equation*}
> x(t) =
> \begin{cases}
> 1, \quad & t \ge 0 \\
> 0,       & t < 0
> \end{cases}
> \end{equation*}
>
> \end{document}
>

> Any suggestions?  I think this works with '\displaystyle' inside
> single '$', but you need multiple lines... ?

Hi Ken,

I'm sorry, multi-line input is currently not supported. I've got a lot of
other projects on my plate and dont intend to implement such a feature
myself, but I'd have a look at a patch if one were submitted that wasn't too
invasive. The usetex stuff was pretty hairy to get working across platforms,
so I'm reluctant to mess with it.

Darren