On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 8:40 AM, Michael Droettboom <md...@stsci.edu> wrote:
> Support for handling NaNs in curves is now on the branch and trunk.
>
> While this solves the infinite recursion problem, it still may be better in
> your specific case to use a CirclePolygon.  All my fix does is remove an
> entire bezier curve when any of its elements are non-finite -- so we're
> talking an entire eighth-wedge at least here.  By using CirclePolygon, the
> amount of removal could be much less.

While I think it's great that you fixed this with a scapel rather than
my blunt hammer of simply dropping the patch, I wonder if we should be
expecting the backends to handle nans.  The general philosophy has
been to keep them as simple as possible, and nan handling is
definitely not simple.  Most likely we would pay a price in efficiency
by moving the nan handling to the frontend, but would we be better off
passing  a nan-filtered path to the backend?

JDH