Hi clolern2,

> - for some reason a TZ has been inserted

Datetime values are stored as numbers. Timezone info is added when that numbers
are converted again into datetimes for labelling.

> - graphs have white space buffers on either side of the X-axix

You can use axes.xlim in order to adjust it.

> - points on X-axis are separated by the hour, instead of values in datetime
> object

Matplotlib automagically chooses a format depending on the scale but you
can specify a format:

import matplotlib.dates as mdates
xaxis.set_major_formatter(mdates.DateFormatter('%Y-%b-%d %H:%M'))

Goyo